Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Wiggy = Olympic Coach?

Yeah, well, I'm not quite an Olympic coach yet...lol. But turns out I might have something in common w/some pretty damn good ones.

See, via a powerlifter I know & post at the some of the same forums at online (told you I love the intrawebs), I've been reading up on some methods used by Bulgarian
Olympic weightlifting coaches.

**NOTE - In case you didn't know, the Bulgarian O-lifting coaches are thought of by those "in the know" as some of - if not *the* - best weightlifting coaches in the world.**

There is a guy here in the States who is training Olympic lifters by pretty much the same methods, and is having some INSANE results. (Head to my facebook page to see a video of a 19-year old moving some CRAZY weights around.)

Well, being the S&C geek I am, of course I've been trying to read up on just what these guys are doing and just how they're getting their athletes so damn strong.

And as it turns out...they use a method that's damn near identical to one I've used to get guys stronger almost since I was a teenager! (Something I actually learned from my dad.)

I gotta say, it was crazy to see these best-in-the-world Olympic coaches doing many of the same things I've done to put crazy weights on my own lifts in my life.

Now, they take this method and apply it in a completely different way than I do, and apply it to a lot more lifts. So it's not like we're doing the same thing. But the basic root principles are the same.

For one thing, these guys are just worried about increasing their 1RM in the Snatch and Clean & Jerk - all their training is based around that. My programs are much more "all around" programs to include not just strength & power, but conditioning,
cardio, endurance, and more.

In fact, a perfect example is "Program #4" in "Working Class Fitness - The Programs".

Here, I actually use this principle I've been telling you about to get you stronger, while getting faster, and doing your conditioning. It's a pretty darn good workout.

Wanna find out more? =>CLICK HERE NOW

Oh - and you know that "Program #4" is an 8-week program, right? Everything is laid out for you - exercises, sets, reps...the whole thing. All you gotta do is show up and add effort.

Oh, and something else cool - "Working Class Fitness - The Programs" has SIX different 8-week programs like this. Cool stuff.

Why don't you have a look?

=>Find out more about "Working Class Fitness - The Programs"

Train Hard, Rest Hard, Play Hard-
Matt "Wiggy" Wiggins
MMA Training | MMA Workout | Cardio Workouts | Workout Plans

No comments: