Tuesday, February 02, 2010

My 1st Run in MONTHS

Well, it *actually* happened...and I'm still having a hard time believing it.

We got snow and ice here in central North Carolina.

LOL.

And in typical fashion, most of the area shut down. Schools were canceled, churches didn't hold services, and everybody flocked to the grocery stores to get their
milk, bread, and eggs.

(As an aside...WTF is w/everybody wanting milk, bread, and eggs before a big storm comes in? *shrug*)

Anyway, when the storm hit, we got a bunch of ice, freezing weather, and even some snow. The ice was crazy...was coming down like snow...only it was ice.

What an awesome time for a workout. ;-)

Call me crazy, but I couldn't help myself...I had to be outside working out in the crazy weather. I usually work out outside anyway - which is a major benefits of using dumbbells, medicine balls, calisthenics, etc - you can train anywhere. But I just *had* to get a workout in outside in this nutso weather.

So what did I do? I went old school - some good ole' traditional roadwork. Went for a run through a wooded area near the house...then went for another one later that day...in the snow and ice...through the forest...all bundled up...

Pure Rocky IV style, baby.

Here was the cool thing though - I had an awesome run! Felt great. Had fun. Ran hard. Kickass workout.

Why was that so cool?

B/c before then, I literally hadn't run anything over probably 50 yards in while. Quite a while, actually. As in MONTHS.

But there I was....doing it like it was nothing.

Wind was great. Conditioning was great. Endurance was through the roof.

How?

B/c of the hard workouts I've been doing. Plenty of circuit training, complexes, intense full-body movements, little rest...

...you know...all the kinda stuff found in the "Working Class
Cardio Workout"
.

I dunno what you think, but me, I thought it was pretty kickass to be able to have such an awesome run...when all my workouts have been (more or less) standing in one place.

Interested in similar results?

Then CLICK HERE NOW => www.workingclasscardioworkout.com

Train Hard, Rest Hard, Play Hard-
Matt "Wiggy" Wiggins
MMA Training | MMA Workout | Cardio Workouts | Workout Plans

No comments: