Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Back Again...

Yeah, I know. It's been quite a while...

Things have been crazy over on this end of town. I won't get into it all, but it's been a combination of things around the house breaking and having to being replaced, to cars breaking down and leaving me stranded, to getting screwed on my taxes. And to top it all off, it looks like I'm going to be headed back to Iraq.

Which sucks.

But, as they say, you gotta go what you gotta do. No sense on dwelling on the negative - just wanted to give you guys a little insight as to why I haven't been around as much as I should have been.

Onto better things...

My articles over at MMA Weekly have been a hit. And I'm glad. A new one on Adaptation should be up any day now. And I'm going to be archiving my old columns over at my Articles page soon, as well.

Training has been going well. I've pretty much had to eliminate presses out of my workouts all together. I was stupid and stubborn about it, thinking that I could find a way to make them work. (NOTE - I had some trouble with my rotator cuff some years ago, and every now and then it gives me grief. It has been a lot as of late.) I finally decided to pull my head out of my ass and do some rotator cuff work, and my shoulders starting feeling great almost immediately. Who'd have thunk it? ;-)

Here was yesterday's workout:

A1) Cuban Press: 3 sets x 12 reps
A2) Curl-Grip Chins: 3 x 6-8

B1) DB Curls: 3 x 8
B2) Lying DB Triceps Cross Faces: 3 x 10

C1) Kettlestack Goblet Squats: 3 x 8

D1) Kettlestack Swings x 20, 15, 10, 5
D1) Leg Lifts x 10, 10, 10, 10

Kept a great pace throughout, resting no more than 30-45 secs between sets or couplets. There was no rest between swings/leg lifts. Whole workout was done in about 35 mins.

A nasty cold came on hard last night, so I'm taking today off. Too bad, it's drizzling today - would be a great day for a run. Take a look at my Poor Guys Run article for what I mean...

Well, I'd better take off.

More soon.

Wiggy

PS - If you haven't checked out "Working Class Fitness - The Programs" yet, you'd better get your tail over and check out the best martial arts training workouts you're ever gonna find. You can even get the first two weeks FREE. Can't beat that with a stick...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cuban presses are awesome. One of those exercises that really does deliver results in helping out hurting shoulders. You using DBs or bands?

Andy

Wiggy said...

bands - they make my whole shoulder girdle feel better...