Monday, May 10, 2010

More Work = More Gas

I like to preach about how sometimes people worry about theory too much, and would be better off just getting their ass in gear and doing some damn work.

Well, here is a perfect example. Got another awesome email, and I just had to share it:

"I just got back from the Ukraine where I participated in a Combat Sambo tournament. I used your Working Class Cardio program in order to get my cardio and stamina
back into shape...

...I got to the semi-finals where I severely strained my ankle trying to block a throw and therefore had to quit...

...Nonetheless, Working Class Cardio is great for combat preparation! All the guys I spoke to were only doing long runs and sprints to prepare for competition, thinking that weights would have slowed them down. Combination of calisthenics and heavy dumbbell work really improved my gas tank, and made me retain my strength gained from 5x5 program."
-Nikolay

Now, I keep reading (and getting involved in) all these "aerobic vs anaerobic" conditioning discussions - esp as it relates to MMA and other combat sports training.

The Working Class Cardio Workout bases itself on something a lot more simple than all that:

-do a bunch of freakin' work
-do it heavy
-do it fast
-rest as little as possible

Know what the end result is?

You get your ass in friggin' shape. That's what.

=>GET IN SHAPE NOW

Train Hard, Rest Hard, Play Hard-
Matt "Wiggy" Wiggins
MMA Training | MMA Workout | Cardio Workouts | Workout Plans

PS - WATCH OUT for tomorrow's post...a buddy of mine ran a *massively* successful promotion a couple months ago, and he's dusting it off for one more go-round. You're not gonna wanna miss this.

No comments: