Monday, March 22, 2010

What Lenny Kravitz Can Teach You About Cardio

If you're a friend of mine on Facebook, you know that I try to post some kinda new music almost everyday. Most of the time it's "music to lift heavy sh!t to" (lol). Sometimes it's just good classic rock, or maybe even just some laid back, chill music.

Yesterday I was lookin' for some more good stuff I could post, and ended up listening to Lenny Kravitz's "Where Are We Running". What a badass tune - esp the guitar riffs.

Though I did kinda have to laugh at it though, in an "inside joke" kinda way.

See, I dunno about you, but I hardly ever run anywhere anymore. And if I do, it'd only b/c I feel like actually going for a run. I don't run...or any other traditional forms of "cardio" for that matter...to keep in shape.

Why not? I don't need to.

Instead, I do a ton of circuit and complex training, and get my cardio that way...not to mention my strength training, power training, endurance work, monster work
capacity, and a bunch more.

But how I do get the benefits of "cardio" when I'm not running or doing any "cardio"? Simple, really.

The body doesn't really know that you're running, per se (or on the bike, or rower, or whatever). It just knows that it has to work, and how hard it has to work.

So, to get "cardio" benefits, you have to tax the cardiovascular and cardio-respiratory systems. And how do you do that? By breathing hard (which is what cardio makes you do, right?).

Well, if all you really need to improve your cardio is to get breathing hard, if you could do that WHILE accomplishing a bunch of other stuff at the same time, wouldn't that make a ton of sense?

Sounds like it to me.

Besides...does anybody really like running anyway? I think it stinks. Not to say I don't enjoy getting out there and going for a run now and again, but I don't have the time nor the desire to spend a ton of hours "pounding the pavement"...not to mention that for the benefits to your heart and lungs, your body ends up taking a real pounding over the long term.

Worn-out hips, knees, and ankles - be it from running too many miles or simply just putting in a zillion reps (if you consider each step, row, or time you pedal a "rep"). Your body just wasn't designed to put in that many reps over the long haul.

It's like anything else - use it too many times, and something is gonna wear out.

Why do it when there is a smarter way? So you think circuit training might be a good idea? Damn straight it is.

Go check out the "Working Class Cardio Workout", and see just what all circuit training can do for you.

=>GET THE "WORKING CLASS CARDIO WORKOUT" AND NEVER HAVE TO RUN AGAIN

More soon.

Train Hard, Rest Hard, Play Hard-
Matt "Wiggy" Wiggins
MMA Training | MMA Workout | Cardio Workouts | Workout Plans

No comments: