Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's all about priorities

It seems that my little "rants" in
my last couple of newsletters have
been striking a nerve with many
of you.

I'm glad.

It's good to get y'all moving and
thinking. There's nothing with
getting 'riled up' every now and
again. haha

Well, let's let one last one fly. So
far, most of y'all have seemed to
agree with what I've been saying,
but this one I'm not so sure about.

It's the Christmas shopping season
(or whatever holiday your celebrate),
and money is tight for some folks. Add
that to an uncertain economy, and you've
got folks a little more tight w/their money
than usual.

I get that. Trust me, I've been there - more
than once.

(In fact, this is the reason I just started up
my new payment plan - get started with
the "Working Class MM Workout Program -
Championship Edition
" for a measly $7!

Click here to find out how - http://www.workingclassfitness.com/mmaworkoutorder.shtml)

Sometimes you have to make sacrifices, and
sometimes you can't always get what you
want.

But here is the thing - I've actually had several
people email me asking for my books/programs...
FOR FREE.

Now, maybe I'm different than most folks, but
in my book, that takes some balls.

If I couldn't afford something I really wanted,
I sure as hell wouldn't ask for a handout - I just
don't operate like that.

Needless to say, I haven't given anybody
anything.

Might sound cold and heartless - esp in the
season that is supposed to be about "giving".

Here's the deal - I've had literally tens of
thousands of great, loyal, PAYING customers
over the years. It would be a spit in the face to
every single one of them who have ponied up
the dough for my books (and in many cases, it's
been done multiple times for different
products). They were good enough to pay
for it - you should be, too.

Second, I give away A TON of free stuff already.
There are 85+ FREE articles on my site, I post
FOR FREE on several forums, and I answer
questions via email FOR FREE every single day.
Yet, some folks want more.

Nope. Not gonna happen.

People work hard for their money, and I'm not
going to undermine those that see fit to send
some of their hard-earned cash my way by letting
others just freeload.

See, here's the thing. There is NOBODY out there
that doesn't have enough money to buy any
one of my products. (Hell my stuff is better
priced than a whole helluva lot of what you'll
find on the internet.) EVERYBODY has enough
money...it's just a matter of where you have your
priorities.

Now, I'm not saying that you should be
trying to decide whether to buy my books or
pay your light bill - that's not it.

What I'm saying is that if it's important enough
to you, you'll figure out a way to get it.

Now, other fitness "gurus" like to try to guilt-
trip you about buying products. "How much
does your health mean to you?" and "Can you
put a price on your body?" are common
questions by these a-holes.

I'm not trying to do that. I don't want to guilt-
trip anybod into anything.

But, if getting in shape is really that important
to you, preparing for your next fight is really
that high on your priority list, and knowing that
my books and programs will get you there, then
you'd figure out a way to make it happen - not
ask for a handout.

I took my wife in to see a oral surgeon today.
She's got a wisdom tooth that is SERIOUSLY
messed-up, and needs to be pulled. A dentist
can't do it - it requires surgery.

She is very skittish of dentists. About a year
or so ago, she went to a dentist that turned out
to be a total quack - guy took almost TWO
HOURS to pull a tooth. My wife is one tough
broad, and I've seen her go through some
serious stuff. This outright traumatized her.

Well, as the surgeon was describing the
procedure today, she started to well up in
tears. It's that bad.

The surgeon said she could be "put under"
for the extraction, but it was going to cost
3x as much (and we don't have dental
insurance right now).

We knew that going in, and we thought
weren't going to be able to go that route, as
with Christmas shopping, and several other
things I won't get into, money is kinda
tight right now - like it is for everybody.

When the surgeon described the process
they were going to have to go through to
get this tooth out, I could see the panic and
fear in my poor wife's eyes.

I looked at the surgeon and told him that
my wife would be "put under." My wife
looked at me quickly, as if to say, "What
are you doing? We can't afford that!"

Before she could even speak, I calmly
told her, "We'll figure it out. This is
what you need. We'll make it happen."

Right now, getting my wife taken care of
is top #1 priority - whatever it takes to
get it done is what I'm going to do.

Now, I'm not trying to put somebody
wanting to buy my "Working Class MMA
Workout Program" on the same level as
somebody needing surgery - b/c surely
it's not.

But the principle is the exact same.

Don't go through life asking for handouts,
favors, freebies, or freeloading, when the
reality is that you could come up with the
resources on your own. It just has to be
a high enough priority.

Somebody else shouldn't take the hit for
something just b/c you don't think it's that
important.

Besides, if you can't come up with as little
as $7, then chances are you wouldn't take
my workouts that seriously, and probably
wouldn't even do them, anyway.

I'm always here to do whatever I can to
help others, but I'm sure as hell not
gonna waste my time and energy on
somebody that doesn't even want to help
themselves.

Train Hard, Rest Hard, Play Hard-
Wiggy
http://www.workingclassfitness.com

PS - You'll hear from me again before Christmas,
but in case you're busy and don't get the
email, I want to wish every one of y'all a
very Merry Christmas, and say "thank you"
for being a part of my newsletter list.

I hope that y'all get to spend some
quality time with people close to you, and
that you stay safe in your holiday travels.

PS #2 - Christmas shopping days are pretty
much gone. If you've got somebody that you
still need a gift for - you perhaps? - then the
"Working Class MMA Workout Program"
would be a great choice.

There are no crowds to hassle, no worrying
about shipping time, or getting an exchange
receipt in case it doesn't fit. ;-)

And you can start for $7 - next to nothing! Click
here to order: http://www.workingclassfitness.com/mmaworkoutorder.shtml

No comments: