Friday, December 19, 2008

I'm just like you

Better be up front w/y'all - got
more rants in me today. Just so
you know...

My last newsletter triggered a nerve
w/many of you. I got more emails
and response on this than I have
just about any of my previous work.

Most of it was 100% behind what I
said. I got all kinds of great feedback:

"Amen, bro!"

"Hell yeah, Wiggs! It pisses me off
too when folks talk about genes being
responsible for their failings..."

"Well stated and I concur!"

"...it's about time someone speaks the
truth..."

But it pissed a few of you off - not that
I was surprised.

One email I got was from a guy that
was pretty upset. I won't reprint it here
(it'd be tough to get the gist of it if I
took out all the cursing - LOL), but the
basic idea was this:

Who the hell was I to talk like that? Who
the hell was I to make assumptions
about people? Who the hell was I to
assume that people are lazy?

It was "easy" for me to say these
things - I'm a strength coach. It was
"easy" for me to say these things - I'm
already strong. It was "easy" for me to
say these things - I was in good shape.

I don't know all the burdens that y'all
have to go through. I don't know what
you're dealing with. I don't know how
hard your life is.

Pardon my "french", but are you f@cking
kidding me?

Listen up - I'm just like you. I've got a wife.
Three kids. Three dogs. A mortgage. Car
payments. I put my pants on one leg at a
time - just like everybody else.

Nothing I've ever done has come "easy"
for me...especially training.

Think back to elementary school. Remember
the fat kid in the class? The one that everybody
made fun of? The one that was always
sweaty and red-faced in PE? The one that
had to wear "husky" pants b/c regular jeans
wouldn't fit him?

Guess what, bucko - that was yours truly. I
was the fat kid.

You know the people who say that they can
just look at a cheeseburger and gain five pounds?

Well, that's me. Always has been. Hell, my
metabolism is so slow, that sometimes I think
it actually goes in reverse.

I've had to work, scratch, bite, and claw my
way for all the gains I've ever had. I've gotten
up at 4:30 in the morning to train, worked out 3x/day,
gotten in 20 mins of hard training during lunch
breaks in Iraq, worked out between classes in
college, ran in the middle of the night,and
everything else in between.

I've lifted weights, ran, done calisthenics. I've
rowed, done pyramiding, Power Complexes,
bodybuilding, and more.

I don't have great genetics, a natural physique, or
God-given strength or speed. I've had to WORK
MY ASS OFF to achieve everything I've ever
accomplished.

Know the difference between me and you?

Not a damn thing.

You can accomplish anything you want to - you
just have to want it bad enough.

Do you want it bad enough?

Train Hard, Rest Hard, Play Hard-
Wiggy
http://www.workingclassfitness.com

PS - If you "want it bad enough", but aren't sure
how to get there, then head tohttp://www.workingclassfitness.com
and check out my "Working Class MMA Workout
Program
" and the "Championship Edition".

Even if you're not a fighter, these workout programs
will put you on the 'fast track' to achieving the goals
that will make everybody else say it's "easy" for you,
too.

No comments: