Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Why I Like Lifting Weights

It's hard to believe that the 2008 Summer Olympics are now over. It seemed like forever we heard about the Bejing Games, and the impact certain athletes were going to have. And in a flash, they were gone.

Some pretty amazing things happened at these Games. Michael Phelps wowed the world as he won 8 gold medals, Usain Bolt bolt became the fastest man in the world with his 9.69 second 100m dash, and the "Redeem Team" lived up to their name, winning the gold medal, bringing the USA back to the "head of the pack" in the world of basketball.

As I watched the Games - and I watched as much of it as I could - I was reminded of something that I learned long ago, and that though I hadn't forgotten, had sort of...not remembered.

What was it? Why exactly I love to lift weights.

***********************

Want to read the rest of this FREE article?

Then click here now:

http://www.workingclassfitness.com/likeliftingweights.shtml

Train Hard, Rest Hard, Play Hard-
Wiggy

PS - If you like lifting weights too, then check out http://www.workingclassfitness.com for great workout programs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry my friend, but there is no such thing as absolute objectivity. Not in sports either. I would rather state that say, OL weightlifting is less subjective than gymnastics. Swimming is less subjective than synchronized swimming. But what about basketball? Don't you think that the "Redeem Team" got alot of good calls because of the famous players on the team?