Wednesday, May 07, 2008

News, Rumors, Updates, and Other Good Stuff...

Hey Folks,

Yeah, I know - it's been a while since I posted here. Sorry about that. Life has been sort of a whirlwind the past few weeks. I know, I know - it's no excuse, but it is what it is. Anyway, let's get to some good stuff!!

-I'm home from Iraq - FOR GOOD!!. WOOOOO-FREAKIN'-HOOOOO!!!! Yeah, I'm no longer working for the govt. contractor in Iraq. The job was Ok, and the money was good, but enough was enough. It's time for me to be home with my family. I was out there off and on for roughly 2.5 years - the wife and kids really wanted me home, and I really wanted to be home. You never know how much you miss little things until they're just not there, or you just can't do them.

It was kinda funny, actually. I'd only been home for a couple weeks, and a job recruiter called me up, offering me a very similar job (only in a managerial role!) doing contract work. Though this work wasn't going to be going overseas - it meant going to Iowa (and I live in North Carolina). I contemplated it, but in the end, turned it down. If I was going to do something along those lines, I might as well have stayed in Iraq...

Either way, it's GREAT to be home!

-Training has been going, well...spotty. Coming back home for good has meant certain adjustments, and I've been having a hard time getting into a good "groove" for training. That's all behind me, though - I've got a good plan now, and things are going GREAT!!!

-"Working Class Fitness - The Programs" has been doing very well. (If you haven't checked it out yet, you'd better get your kiester over to HERE and check it out!) I've been getting some GREAT testimonials from people using the programs - I'll be putting some up in the coming days.

-While I was in Iraq, I came up with a new method of laying out workout plans. Out of all the stuff I've done or put together, I think this is going to be the best. This wouldn't replace something like my 8-week workout programs, rather would be a huge complement to them. More on this in the very near future.

-I've had a chance to do some more of the whole "myspace" thing since I've been back. It's pretty cool. If you've got a myspace page, look me up - http://www.myspace.com/workingclassfitness. We can be "friends" - LOL.

-Keep your eyes peeled to my site, this very blog, and my myspace page - some HUGE changes coming - also in the very near future.

-Want to pass on this little tip for you - when you're doing your Over-Head Pressing work with Dumbbells (this could be presses, pushpresses, jerks, whatever), keep the DB in a neutral position. This means that instead of having the handle along your body (in an "east-west" position, if you facing forward="north"), it's in the "north-south" position. This brings the triceps a little more into play, but it keeps your elbows in front of you during the movement. Keeping the elbows in front of you keeps your shoulder in a more advantageous position, and keeps your shoulder in a much SAFER position. This will be much easier on your shoulder girdle over the long haul.

Well, that's it for now. More coming VERY soon, though.

Train Hard, Rest Hard, Play Hard-

Wiggy

No comments: