Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Last Two Workouts

Here's my last two workouts:

Monday - 03-Sept-07

Strength Work:

-Weighted Dips x 25 reps (as many sets as needed - in this case 4 sets)
-DB Rows x 25 reps each side (4 sets)
-Snatch Grip DL x 25 reps (5 sets)

Complex (a DB version of John Davies' Bear Complex):
-1 DB Snatch/Front Squat: 3 x 1/2 (each side)
-1 DB Snatch/Front Squat: 3 x 2/1 (each side)
-2 DB Front Squat/PushPress: 3 x 1/2
-2 DB Front Squat/PushPress: 3 x 2/1
-1 DB Snatch/PushPress: 3 x 1/2 (each side)
-1 DB Snatch/PushPress: 3 x 1/2 (each side)

Conditioning Finisher:

-Elliptical x 10 min @ *easy* pace

Tuesday - 04-Sept-07

Conditioning on Elliptical Trainer:

-5 min warmup

-1 min VERY hard pace
-4 min medium pace
* Repeat 5x

-5 min cooldown

This will be the type of workout program I'll be on the for the next few months - probably until I come home for R&R just before Christmas. Basing it on my Program #1 from "Working Class Fitness - The Programs", I like the 2-day split, as it gets a lot done quick, is easy to focus on, and if I have to skip a day here or there for whatever reason (you can never totally depend on any schedule out here), then I'm not "behind" or out of order - I just pick up where I left off.

Like I said in my last post, I'll be doing some traveling soon, and am not sure of whether or not I'll be able to hit the gym while doing so, so I'll be hitting this hard until I leave.

Wiggy

No comments: