Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Last Night's Workout - "Get Stupid"

Every now and then I decide to just have a real kick-ass workout, and just get kinda crazy. These workouts usually just kick my tail up, down, left, right, and everywhere in between. When I do these workouts, I calling them "getting stupid."

Well, last night, I decided to "get stupid." :-)

I wanted to do some bodyweight/circuit type stuff before some conditioning, so here is what I did.

-Burpees Plus* x 50 (not sure how many sets - 6 total, I think - rest was no more than 30-40 secs between sets)

*What I'm calling "Burpees Plus" are probably called other names around the internet. Each rep started standing holding a pair of 35 lb. DBs. Squat down, put DBs on floor, and kick feet back into wide stance. Do a pushup holding onto DBs. Then Renegade Row each DB once. Kick feet back forward to outside of DBs. Thrusting with the hips, clean both DBs to shoulders. Lower DBs to waist. This all = 1 rep.

After resting a couple minutes, I some conditioning:

-MFD on elliptical trainer x 20 mins

I'm not sure how fast I was going in terms of MPH or anything along those lines. I just put the resistance level on "4" (not overly hard, but not easy either - kinda like running in sand a couple inches deep) and kept RPM at 75+.

By the end I was beat, but felt great. Today I'm not sore, but have that kinda "tingly" feeling all over - I know I worked every muscle last night. :-)

Tonight it'll be strength work followed some more conditioning.

Wiggy

PS - I'm thinking of switching up my workouts a little to a slightly modified version of Program #6 from Working Class Fitness - The Programs. What's Working Class Fitness - The Programs? Just the most kick-ass workout programs you're ever gonna find. Want to master your bodyweight? This is the way. Go to www.workingclassfitness.com to find out more.

No comments: