Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Last Night's Workout

Didn't really feel like working out last night (haven't been sleeping well as of late), but knew I had to get *some* work in, so I went in to just do some easy conditioning. After I got started/warmed up, I ended up feeling pretty good. Just goes to show that you have to really pay attention to yourself - there is a big difference between needing a day off, and just being lazy. Had I really needed the day off (which I knew I didn't), I've been training enough to know that soon after getting started, my body would've told me "Nope - this is a no-no. Take it easy today." And it didn't tell me that.

Conditioning on Treadmill

-5 min easy warmup

-Intervals: 40 secs sprint, 20 secs rest
*Repeat 10x

-5 min cool down

Then I did 3 rounds of a workout called "The Magic 50" from Ross Enamait:

-Burpees x 10
-DB Snatch x 5 (each side)
-DB Swing x 5 (each side)
*Repeat 3x

Ended up having a great workout!

Wiggy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question about your treadmill run. Did you keep the treadmill on the same speed? Or did you change the speed every 20 to 40 seconds.

Wiggy said...

When I do intervals like this, I leave the Treadmill going, and rest on the side-rails.

I find that if I try to change speeds (so that I can jog/walk during rest periods), it takes too long for the treadmill to change speeds.

Hope that helps.

Wiggy