Wednesday, June 20, 2007

It's Almost Official...

Well, it's almost a done deal.

For a while now, I've talked about possibly going back to Iraq. Well, I've gotten the "official" job offer to work in Baghdad, Iraq. I have to take the "WABI" (Workplace Aptitude and Behavioural Index) tonight and get a dental exam tomorrow morning.

Once I get those done and my paperwork faxed in, I'll be set to leave for processing.

There will be a slight delay in my leaving due to a break in processing the week of the 4th of July.

As of now, I'm scheduled to leave for processing on 08 July 2007.

Wiggy

3 comments:

BamBam said...

Do you plan on updateing your blog while in Iraq?

Chris said...

Wiggy - why are you going? I'm just interested, but surely there are safer ways to earn a living? I enjoy reading this stuff and hope and pray that you will be safe out there. All the best.

Chris

Wiggy said...

Yes, I'll be updating my blog, as well as still writing articles and sending out newsletters!

As for why I'm going - well, the job market where I'm at isn't that hot. It's a matter of driving 90+ mins each way (w/gas @ $3/gallon!), or taking a job with mediocre pay, and long hours/rotating shifts. If I'm going to be gone all the time, I might as well get paid for it, you know?

Besides, there is something in my gut telling me that this is what I'm supposed to do...

Wiggy